Hi Peaches! I’m back with another recipe. (I think you’re really going to like this one.)
If you have food sensitivities, raise your hand!
I bet most of you are sitting there thinking – yes, hello, that’s me, 0ver here!! (And if you aren’t, you probably do, but you don’t know it yet.) Either way you will love making guilt-free, homemade chocolate! It’s high in good fat, antioxidants, and most importantly it’s sweetened with a small amount of organic raw honey.
I think we both can agree that good quality chocolate is hard to come by. So why not make it yourself?? Don’t worry it took me a while to come to that conclusion as well. Ever since I have been making my own chocolate, my life has been complete. Coming home after a long day at work, pop open the freezer and enjoy a square (or a lot more) of chocolate! You know exactly what you are eating without having to worry about hidden ingredients OR ingredients you cant pronounce.
I’m not sure why this recipe took so long to make it to the blog, but I can assure you I have been enjoying it for several months. Time to share my secrets ..
⇓ Keep scrolling for the recipe! ⇓
Dark Chocolate Bar
- 1.25 oz. Organic Cacao Butter (I get mine on amazon HERE)
- 2 1/2 Tbs. Organic Cacao Powder (I get mine on amazon HERE)
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Organic Raw Honey
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Weigh your cacao butter, and place it in a small sauce pan. Leave it on a low heat and stir every minute or so.
- Once all of the cacao butter is melted, turn off the heat, and add in your honey. Stir until it is combined thoroughly.
- Next add in your cacao powder, and sea salt. Stir with a whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Last step is to pour your chocolate into a mold (I found mine HERE) or simply line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and pour the mixture onto the paper. You can freeze it or leave it out to harden. I find it’s faster and easier in the summer to let it harden in the freezer.