I’m really not a fan of winter, as you may already know.
The only three reasons I don’t totally hate it are:
- You can eat soup without sweating.
- You can enjoy sitting by the fire with a cup of hot chocolate.
- You have a great excuse not to leave the house when there is a big snow storm. (Although you may have to shovel..)
Other than that, it’s the worst.
My toes are numb from December-March, and I just don’t think that is fair to my toes.
I need them. Cute sandals are awaiting me…
Speaking of sandals, someone special got me a ticket to FLORIDA for my birthday! So I shall be defrosting my toes in the sand soon enough.
HALLELUJAH.*Praising hands emoji.*
But until then, I will be binge eating soup.
I love soup, but in Connecticut you only get a limited slot of time to eat hot soup. Once your time is up – forget it.
It’ll be sweat city.
Believe it or not, I once was a Panera Bread lover. (Before I was aware of my food sensitivities.) I would NEVER have passed up an opportunity for Broccoli Cheddar soup in a bread bowl. I was ALL UP IN THAT.
Not the case anymore though.
Now? I’d rather make my own healthy version that I can confidently eat knowing it is loaded with nutrients! You don’t have to sacrifice taste for nutrition. Take my word for it, it’s just as good.
↓ Keep scrolling for the recipe! ↓
Creamy Broccoli Soup
- 1 32 oz bag of Broccoli
- 2/3 Cup of Thai Kitchen Unsweetened Coconut Milk (White cream at the top of the can.)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Cups of Organic Vegetable Broth (Preferably low-sodium)
- 2 Cups of Filtered Water
- 1 Tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Handheld Immersion Blender, or Vitamix Blender.
- Start by opening your bag of broccoli, and rinsing it.
- Add into a large stir fry pan the entire bag of broccoli, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of water. Let steam with the cover on for 12 minutes.
- Next uncover your pan, turn the heat off, and add in 1 cup of veggie broth, 1/3 cup of coconut milk, and 1 tsp. of olive oil.
- At this point you may pour the mixture into your Vitamix Blender, or you can start blending with your handheld blender (right in the pan) until the mixture is slightly chunky.
- Then add in 1 more cup of vegetable broth, 1/3 cup of coconut milk, and more 1 cup of water.
- Blend until desired creaminess.
- You may also add more water if you like your soup thinner!
- Taste test, and add more salt/pepper if necessary.
- Serve with your favorite gluten free bread, and enjoy!