Lately my recipes have been all about simple, quick, and of course healthy. My schedule has been packed a little tighter this past month so unfortunately that means less time to cook, and less time to blog. (Hence the two weeks off.)
This recipe has seriously been a life saver for me.
We all know about my obsession with the Inspiralizer… So of course I’m showing my pesto on some freshly cooked Zoodles. (You could also use it on any type of pasta your heart desires!)
I usually sauté the zoodles until they’re almost tender, then add a few spoonful’s of the pesto and cook for another minute or so.
The end result?? Creamy deliciousness. Tastes like a “cheat meal” without the “cheating.”
The working girl version: spiralize zucchini in the morning, and throw it in a container with some pesto. Microwave the zucchini and pesto for about four minutes- give it a stir, and BAM! Avocado Pesto in less than five minutes! (I usually add some grilled chicken on top for protein.)
A girl’s gotta keep her gains, amiright or amiright??
⇓ For full recipe keep reading! ⇓
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 2/3 Cup Water
- Handful of Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Large Avocado (Or 1 small avocado.)
- 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- Himalayan Sea Salt- To taste.
- Black Pepper- To taste.
- In a blender, (I use a Nutribullet) add all of the ingredients.
- Blend on high until fully combined. -Adding a small amount of water if needed to help it blend.
- Use on top of zoodles, gluten free pasta, or any sautéed vegetable! (Preferably served fresh!)
- Top with some extra salt and pepper, and enjoy!
Until Next Time,